Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ich bin Ein Berliner

Isn't it amazing how a morsel of good news can turn you entire life around and make the world seem like a better place?

I passed my CELTA interview the day before yesterday and am heading off to Berlin in less than a month and I'm so excited, I can't wait. Loads of reading and organising to do first but it's the happiest I've felt in months (despite the incessant nagging and bitching which has recently become part and parcel of my home life, but let's not go there). The sky looks brighter, career prospects appear more promising, and even the people around me seem a mite bit friendlier. Obviously it's all to do with personal attitude but I just feel the timing for a move is purrfect and flat hunting is incredibly excited as it seems you can get quite a lot for your money over there. Big on Ikea storage compartments and wooden floors, a nice little two bedroom place would appear to set you back less than 600 Euros a month, which sounds pretty good to me.

No comments: